Viking Adds Cruises to See the Northern Lights!
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/justspasandadventures.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/colorwaytheme/inc-ratings.php on line 43
HURRY!! With just four scheduled cruises for January and February of 2019, you don’t want to miss out as these are selling quickly! Sailing between London and Bergen starting in January 2019, In Search of the Northern Lights will establish Viking as the first U.S. cruise line to offer a full-length itinerary in the Arctic Circle in the winter season.
Sailing on Viking’s third 930-guest ocean ship, Viking Sky, guests will experience Norway’s pristine beauty and dramatic snow-dusted wilderness, with a chance each day to stargaze and scan the dark skies for the northern lights. On the 13-day itinerary, guests will be able to immerse themselves in the rich culture of northern Europe, visiting seven destinations – with overnights in Tromsø, Alta and Bergen, Norway, and a complimentary excursion in each port. Highlights of the new In Search of the Northern Lights itinerary include:
- Experience the Northern Lights in Alta: Home to some of northern Europe’s most magnificent natural beauty, Alta’s frequent clear skies make it an ideal place to view the luminous aurora borealis during the height of the viewing season.
- Experience Nordic Life with the Sami Community of Máze: While in Alta, visit the nearby native Sami community of Máze for an authentic lunch of local dishes and an exciting ride in a reindeer-drawn sleigh.
- Visit the Arctic Cathedral in Tromsø: Home to the largest concentration of wooden houses in northern Norway dating back to 1904, marvel at the classic architecture contrasted with modern buildings, including the Arctic Cathedral, a stunning triangular building in white and icy blue often called the “Opera House of Norway” for its resemblance to the Sydney Opera House.
- Step into the Viking Age in Stavanger: Visit the Archaeological Museum, where a host in traditional Viking dress will demonstrate essential tools and artifacts of the time period, then stop at the Swords in Stone monument commemorating the Battle of Hafrsfjord in 872.
- Ascent of Mt. Ulriken in Bergen: A panoramic tour of Bergen takes you to the beautifully preserved wharf of Bryggen, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was central to Bergen’s role in the Hanseatic League. Afterwards, embark on a gondola ride for a scenic ascent to Mt. Ulriken, the highest of Bergen’s famous Seven Mountains.
- One included shore excursion in every port of call
- Shipwide Wi-Fi
- Access to top-rated spa
- Beer, wine and soft drinks with onboard meals
- Other included beverages, such as specialty coffees, teas and bottled water
- Port taxes and fees
- 24-hour room service & alternate restaurant dining
- Airport transfers with purchase of Viking Air
- Self-service laundry
Included features valued at $203 per person, per day. PLUS book by October 31, 2018 and receive a $150 onboard ship credit compliments of Just Spas & Adventures!
Prices for this new itinerary from Viking start at $4,999 per person. Offering U.S. residents an early booking discount on the itinerary, with 2-for-1 cruise fare and $500 off international air.