April 12, 2015
Trip Length: 7 days / 6 nights
Emerald pastures, wildflower-strewn meadows, cobblestone villages, and working windmills create the quintessential Dutch backdrop on this seven-day adventure through Holland’s pristine northern territory.
- Wind your way through the cresting dunes and lovely neighborhoods of Haarlem
- Traverse canals by wooden drawbridge in the seafaring town of Schermerhorn
- Ferry to Stavoren and bike the quiet roads along Lake IJsselmeer to the old port of Hindeloopen
- Pedal through dense forest to Giethoorn, coined the “Venice of the North” for its narrow canals, thatched houses and hump-back bridges
- Take in the sweet aroma of tulips, hyacinth and daffodils in the kaleidoscopic gardens of the Keukenhof, where over six million bulbs flower each spring
- Choose from hundreds of different pancakes at a Dutch pancake restaurant in Odoorn
- Sip a garden aperitif and savor fresh wilde zalm (wild salmon) andsalade van spinkrab (spider crab salad) before retiring to the comfort of the historic Château de Havixhorst
- From $2,998 per person – ($780 single supplement)
Contact us for more information or to book this getaway!
Have you enjoyed this adventure? Would you like to share your expeciences?
Submit your review.