Hike Amalfi Coast Italy!
There are only 15 landscapes in all of Europe stunning and impressive enough to be listed by the UNESCO World Heritage Organization as “cultural landscapes.” And the Amalfi Coast in Southern Italy is arguably the most beautiful. This Mediterranean coastline boasts terraced lemon gardens, multi-hued houses clinging to steep cliffs, centuries-old cathedrals and epic views of the warm Tyrrhenian Sea. There are also an enormous variety of walking experiences here from meandering, medieval paved lanes and tracks through terraced olive and lemon groves to more rugged pathways in pine forests and along the coastline up to stunning viewpoints. This is an ancient land, one in which its residents live a healthy lifestyle that includes daily strolls along cobblestone streets, delicious fresh seafood, and relaxing moments in the sunshine. It is a place where you can’t help but marvel at the vistas while simultaneously looking inward at your own lifestyle and what makes you happy.
Highlights of the one-week tours you can join but hurry, bookings end February 16th!
The treks start in Ravello and finishes in Sorrento:
- Visit Ravello, the pristine coastal town that inspired such writers as DH Lawrence and Gore Vidal who proclaimed this the most beautiful coastline in the world.
- Tour the Duomo (Cathedral) and the 11th Century Villa Cimbrone among other sites in Ravello
- Discover the sounds of Italy with a world class outdoor concert series in Ravello
- Enjoy touring the quaint town of Amalfi, once a maritime super-power and now a beautiful village of 5,000 residents.
- Walk the 1,000 steps from the heart of Praiano to the crystalline waters of the seaside.
- Hike the famed Sentiero degli Dei (Path of the Gods), which boasts unparalleled views of the sea.
- Tour Positano, which author John Steinbeck described as “a dream place that isn’t quite real when you are there and becomes beckoningly real after you have gone.
- Marvel at the views of Naples and Mt Vesuvius from verandas in Sorrento.
- Indulge in constant reminders of the past, from the monasteries, the churches, ruined lime kilns, centuries-old towns and villages and, of course, the story telling. (The Greek Sirens were said to live on an island off the coast near here.)
- Plus: enjoy traditional Italian cuisine and the infectious charm of the locals.
All inclusive Cultural Guided Hiking Vacation (7 nights) with a lead guide
- Trek 1: Friday, March 27 – Saturday, April 4
- Trek 2: Friday, April 3 – Saturday, April 11 (3 left!)
- Trek 3: Friday, April 10 – Saturday, April 18
This active vacation is ideal for intermediate to advanced hikers due to the fitness required.
Just max 12 guests.
Booking Deadline: February 16, 2015 – 12 noon PST
Pricing: €3,500 (est $4,050 USD) per person for either trek with a €500 (est $580 USD) single supplement
- Deposit of €1,000 ($1,289 USD) is required to secure your booking. Full payment due by February 16, 2015.
- Each location has eight rooms book: 3 twins and 5 doubles. Price is per person. No discount if sharing a room.
- Boutique hotel accommodations
- Transport of luggage between hotels during the tour portion
- Support vehicles along the trails
- Entry fees or permits
- Breakfast and dinners
- Hiking poles, foot care, electrolytes
What’s Not Included:
- Transfers to / from airports
- Lunches and snacks
- Laundry (although it will available at hotels at personal expense)Contact us today for a detailed itinerary or more information.
Book by February 1st and receive a $35 Visa Gift Card compliments of us PLUS passport case for travel!
Have you enjoyed this adventure? Would you like to share your expeciences?
Submit your review.